Thursday, February 19, 2009

Baby C update

Went to the doc today for my week 37 appointment and basically they said everything looks good. They didn't do anything that they haven't been doing, so I don't know if I am dilated or if I am effaced. I guess I just have to trust that they know what they are doing (I expected them to start measuring these things but I guess not.) She said that my blood pressure was great (still in the range it has been) and that baby was healthy and happy. I did ask her for an estimation as to his size and she said her best guess was that he was somewhere around 7-7.5 lbs!!! That kind of freaked me out since I still have two weeks till my due date, but she assured me that it was no big deal (easy for her to say she doesn't have to go through delivery!) I am definitely getting more ready for him to be here, but I could wait two weeks :) (I think Jeff is more ready than I am. Last night he was talking to Thumper about his first birthday and how he wouldn't get cake this time around, but the next one he would get some. He also mentioned that he couldn't wait to "really" hug me. I have the greatest husband!!)

Oh and I forgot to add that she said that I could go with Jeff (although the tone of her voice told me that I would be crazy to travel with him.) She mentioned that I should check into our insurance. She said that some insurance companies will not pay for any complications/deliveries outside your area if they are after 36 weeks...basically they think that you should stay home at that point. Needless to say I guess the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel will have to wait for me to see it some other time. :(

1 comment:

The Barnes said...

Travel safe...we are praying for you guys.