Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Job updates

Let's just say that it would be perfect if Thumper decided to be born on his due date. Now I know that I am hoping for something that is very unlikely but it would just work into our schedules much better :)

Last week Jeff went to Viterbo for a job interview (and got to hang with Scott, Sara, and Nolan...yes I am still bitter that I didn't get to go!) and we thought that he would have almost two weeks at home to get caught up on some teaching stuff and get his defense ready. Well, not so fast. Last Wednesday he had a phone interview with Christopher Newport (Newport News, VA) and this week they called to see if he could come visit before their spring break. Therefore next Wednesday Jeff will be traveling down to Newport News (only about three hour drive) for yet another job interview. (I am going to ask my doc tomorrow at my appointment if I can got with :) It's only a three hour drive so we will see what the doc says. Newport News is just north of Norfolk and we would might drive down the eastern shore and across the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel!) Then after he gets back on Wednesday night he will be getting ready to turn around a leave for SB on Sunday for his defense on Monday March 2nd. Needless to say Jeff is one very well traveled man!

We are both very thankful that despite the economy and the job situations across America that Jeff has been getting interviews! I know Jeff wishes he didn't have to travel as much as he has but God is providing and I know that he has a job/place in mind for us to go. We still haven't heard back from Eastern (his interview was ~3 wks ago) or Regis (submitted more documents ~3 wks ago) but Viterbo said they would get back to him hopefully this week. We will see.

(Oh, and another benefit of Thumper's due date is that Washington College has spring break from March 9-13th so if he was born on his due date then Jeff and I could have a whole week together with the baby to figure out what in world we are doing before he would have to go back to work! If only this baby would listen to us!)

3 comments:

Kuehn's said...

We will pray that all goes according to God's plans. It is possible to go on your due date! Emily was the day after and Audrey was right on my due date. Thanks for the update.

thegroves said...

Or, you could go a week late, and get to pick your induction date. Though I would NEVER wish that on anyone, it was kind of nice to know the date and have a few days to plan!! ;)

Annette said...

Good luck! All I can say is that I will be praying that Thumper is born on his due date!