Friday, February 13, 2009
Big baby...
What is it about marriage that makes a person turn into a wimp? Well, maybe it hasn't turned you into one but it has me. Jeff is out of town (left yesterday, coming home tomorrow morning) and I find that I am the biggest baby while he is gone. Never mind the fact that some nights he doesn't get home until 7:30-8 (after dark) but it just seems different when he is GONE. I find that when he is out of town that I have to have every light on in the apartment and then, before bed, I sequentially go through the apartment checking out every room as I turn the lights off. Then to make matters worse I usually will shut all possible doors and sleep with my cell phone in hand! Now I never had this problem before I was married. I mean my first year of grad school I live at Hickory Village (not the best apt complex in Mishawaka--kind of sketchy) and I lived in a studio apartment on the "garden" level and it never bothered me to come home from lab at 2 a.m.! Even when I had roommates and they left town it never seemed to bother me, but now when Jeff's gone it drives me crazy! Today, while I was trying to convince myself that I was the biggest baby in the world, I decided to look up the crime stats for Kent County MD vs St Joseph County IN...let's see...it's no comparison! St Joe had ~16K crimes in 2000 and Kent only 414!!! (Granted the population difference is immense but I didn't factor that in to my stats.) Oh and before looking up the crime stats I even tried and convince Peggy to come spend the night...she said she would but that she wouldn't be here till 4 a.m...kind of defeats the purpose BUT she was willing :) So after rationalizing my irrational fear this afternoon I have decided that I am NOT going to turn ever light on (maybe just 1/2 of them) and I might even be brave enough to sleep with the bedroom door open (can't go too crazy now can we). Wish me luck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I don't think you are a baby at all!! I consider that behavior totally normal when your hubby is out of town.
My old boss told me that when her husband went out of town she left her lamp on and glasses and put a book on her chest so if someone tried to break in they might re-think the situation because she was "awake":) I always thought that was too cute!
Praying for a good nights rest for you and baby!
I totally agree with Jessica! I swear it has something to do with hormone levels. My fear when Seth is gone has always peaked when I was pregnant and when I had my thyroid problem. I still have some fear when he is gone, but not near as bad when the previous was happening. I will pray for you. I can so relate to you and that feeling stinks!
I agree too. When your hubby is gone, things are just different. I seem to hear every noise and worry about what it is and have trouble getting to sleep.
I can totally relate. I HATE staying home alone!
Post a Comment