Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Warm weather benefits
Now don't get me wrong I miss my snow but...I have discovered some benefits of living in a warm climate. :) Last Thursday I had my postpartum check up and thankfully the doc gave me a clean bill of health! I also found out that the very restricted list of do's and don't I got from the hospital was really only a guideline...something I wish my husband would have known. The best news was that the doc said I could start all of my regular activities, including running, swimming, biking, crunches, etc. Boy was I excited. So on Saturday I was finally able to go for my first post-Nathaniel run and it was GRRRRRRREAT! I really missed running towards the end of my pregnancy and after Nate was born, and it felt so good to get outside and just run. I was surprised that my pace wasn't all that bad however my endurance has much to be desired :) I think I am going to sign up for a race just to motivate myself to increase both my pace and my endurance, but we will see. Unfortunately since our 70 degree weather on Saturday, we have had rain, so no follow-up runs, but hopefully today or tomorrow. Getting back to the benefits of a warm weather climate I really enjoyed all the beautiful flowers that I got to see on my run as well as the beautiful smells! Here are some pictures I took last week of some flowering trees that I just loved. (Someday if I have a yard I am going to plant some flowering trees and very fragrant flowers!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment