Thursday, April 28, 2011

Easter Day fun

To do Easter basket or not to do Easter baskets, that is the question. To be honest with you I didn't even think about an Easter basket until the day before Easter. I want Nate to grow up knowing what Easter is really about and not magnify the commercialization of the day but I also don't want him to be envious of the commercial side either.

So because I didn't really have any plans one way or the other this year we just got Nate a couple of little things. We first got him a chocolate bunny, only because of Veggie Tales. They have a whole show which has chocolate bunnies in it and a bunny song so after we gave him the bunny we talked about the show.





I also got Nate a Cookie Monster play dough kit. The big reason he got this was because I had a coupon for $3 off play dough (which I wanted to get for my Sunday school class) and Toys R Us was having a BOGO sale on play dough. So really the kit was free and I thought it might help Nate learn his letters. Of course we did have to get it out and play with it that morning (hence the rush to get ready for church.) We both have had some fun playing with it.



1 comment:

Anitra said...

They both look so cute. Love their Easter outfits!