Thursday, April 14, 2011

Spring Break

You know how when you have kids or are a kid you look forward to spring break? Well, I don't have kids in school but this year I was really looking forward to spring break...and it wasn't even CNU's spring break. I found that I may have over committed myself just a little bit this spring (especially after Nicole was born) and it wasn't until spring break that I got to breath a little. So what did I do with all my spare time? Well of course I packed in a ton of stuff for us to do. We went to the park (it was in the upper 80s), went to the library, went to the zoo, and we even had some company.


We went over to a local church to the park...the best part was that it was fenced in. ;) Of course Nate did get put in time-out once for throwing sand but otherwise it was a blast. (I did forget sunscreen so I had a nice farmers burn but thankfully Nate only got a little color on the back of his neck.)

Zoo pictures.
I thought about getting a zoo membership however Nate spent just as much time watching the kids walking around as he did watching the animals. Maybe when he is a little older we will get a membership. Nicole loved the zoo...well she loved the stroller that took her around the zoo. She did a great job and slept most of the time. I am truly blessed with two GREAT kids!
We had lunch at the zoo and played on the big spider web they have. The picture in the middle row all the way to the right is Nate and Addison folding their arms. Kristy, Addison's mom has Addison fold her arms when she is talking to her/disciplining her so Nate has picked up the habit. I think it's cute. :) Although the two of them were being ugly right before this picture was taken so maybe it wasn't so cute.
I think Nate's favorite part was the ride on the choo-choo. He was in awe and I so wish I would have taken a picture of his face right after we got on. He was so excited! And he loved waving to all the people we passed. The last picture on the bottom right is Nate after we got home from the zoo. He crash, big time. Then again we were at the zoo from 10 a.m till 2 p.m. and he usually has a nap at 12:30.

No comments: