My Mom booked a private tour that drove us all around DC and show/explained everything we were seeing. I found it very educational and I am just glad Jeff was along since he will remember all the facts much longer than I will. :) We started out at Lincoln's cottage which was about 3 miles from the Capitol, but it took awhile to get there. From there we went to the National Cathedral, Arlington Cemetery, by the monuments, by the White House, and then by the Capitol. We were able to get a hotel very close to the Capitol so in theory we could walk around the mall later in the day and see the sights. However as cold and windy as it was we didn't end up walking around too much!
| Here are the kids getting ready to leave on our trip. They were both very excited to stay in a hotel (probable because they knew there was kid shows on the TV!) I think Nate thought all hotels were like the resort that we stayed at in the Dominican because he kept talking about taking the train. I tried to let him down gently but I think we was secretly looking for a train to take us everywhere! |
| The kids did a lot of learning at Lincoln's cottage. |
| Our family with the Man himself! |
| Mom and Dad with famous Abe Lincoln |
| The "cottage" |
| The National Cathedral |
| Kids goofing off in the Cathedral. |
| Backside of the White House |
| And our Nation's Capitol Building! (We wanted to go on a tour on Sunday however there was some sort of march going on so the Capitol was closed. :( Maybe next trip.) |
No comments:
Post a Comment