Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Swimming at the Y

Since Coley's class is a Parent and child class, I can't ever get pictures.  However, since it was spring break I told Jeff that he got to do her class this week so I could take the pictures and since it would the be only time he could do it with her, he agreed.  She really loves the class and is getting more and more confident in the water.  This week the skill they were working on was blowing bubble in the water.  Coley likes to blow the top of the water. :)  This week was so much easier for me since Mom and Dad were there to help.  Dad and I went to a spin class while Nate was in his class and then Mom was able to get Coley ready for me so I didn't have to leave my class early.  Now if only Mom and Dad lived closer...
Kicking to get to the ball.

Can you see her big smile?

They also worked on jumping into the pool.  Coley got really good at counting, "One, Two, Three" but then she would just stand there and wait for Jeff to pick her up.  We really have to work on that girls jumping skills if she is to play basketball (or volleyball!)

Poor Nate, shivering after his class.  He jumped into the instructors arms and the instructor let him go underwater.  He didn't cry right away but he told us later that he forgot to close his eyes so it hurt.  The next week he was much more hesitant to jump into the instructors arms!

Nate likes to hold onto the entire edge of he pool.  He isn't one to just hold onto the lip of the pool.

No comments: