Thankfully Jeff has really great friends who don't mind when I invite myself over. :) Jeff's buddy, Jeremy, lives in Arlington, VA and since he is so close to DC I thought it would be awesome to see the fireworks over our Nation's capital. Well not only did Jeremy agree to have us over, but he hosted a cookout as well! Then he took us to the Iwo Jima Marine statue to watch the fireworks over the Mall. I don't know how to describe it, but it was really awesome to see the US Capitol building, the Washington Monument, and the Lincoln Memorial at the same time as watching fireworks that celebrated our nation's Independence. If you ever get the chance to go to DC on the 4th I would strongly recommend it. I have always loved the 4th, but I think this past 4th was one of my favorites. Below are some of my favorite pics from the night. Thank you again Jeremy for letting us come spend the day (and night), we owe you one!

One of my favorite photos from the night! If you look closely, you can see all of the monuments.

No comments:
Post a Comment