Monday, December 28, 2009

Interesting Nights while in CO

I forgot to post about this earlier and I don't have any pictures, yet, but I thought I should update you all on one little thing that happened while we were in CO. See at my parents house Nate was in the room next to ours in the crib, however, it was also the room with the extra bed...that my brother needed to use while he was in town for Christmas. I wasn't sure how Nate would handle having a roommate but since we were in CO for a couple of days before my brother showed up I thought that Nate could get used to the new room and be fine. Well he did sleep well the first couple of nights but shortly after Brett got into town he started waking up at 2 a.m. screaming his head off. Since I didn't want my single, 40 year old brother to deal with a screaming baby I began trying everything to get Nate to quiet down. We brought him in with us (then none of us slept) tried taking him downstairs, Grandma (who can't seem to sleep in the middle of the night anyway) took him to sleep with her, we tried everything and yet the mid-night screaming kept coming. It wasn't until Christmas Eve that we discovered the reason for the 2 a.m. wake-up calls. I guess I made Nate listen to a little too much Christmas music because he decided that his theme song would be "All I Want for Christmas". Yup you guessed it, on Christmas Eve we discovered Nate's first tooth!! And then the day after Christmas the second came through. I am just glad we finally figured out what all of the mid-night wake up calls were for...and that we are finally back to sleeping from 7 to 7. :)

PS. Pictures of the teeth to come when you can actually see them better.

1 comment:

The Barnes said...

OH man!!! I am glad he did not keep you wondering...what a big boy!!!