We wanted to go to the "farm" while we were home, however the day we decided to go it was closed...so we went to the park instead. It was a blast!! I can't wait until Nate is old enough to chase. :) The nieces, nephew and I played a game they made up call "Princesses and Pirates." Basically, it's a form of tag with the pirates chasing the princesses and then taking them back to their pirate ship. Well, Caedmon and I were the pirates for most of the time and I am pleased to announce that the pirates rocked! We had quite the system down...narrow them down to a point and then each one of us grabbed a princess. :) I only wiped out once and was majorly sucking wind (hey...CO is at a much higher altitude than VA!) but it was so much fun. And I think Nate had fun swinging with Aunt Kara and Grandma.

The kids also love going to the greenbelt in our neighborhood so of course Uncle Jeff and Aunt Tiff had to take them. We of course had to play another game of Princesses and Pirates this time with Uncle Jeff in attendance (he was at home learning how to make peanut brittle while we were at the park). Jeff and the high altitude weren't getting along so well, but I think the pirates still won. :) After a little attitude adjustment and a talking too we did get to swing and play pooh sticks at the creek. Overall it was great fun and we love spending time with the kids! Oh and we can't forget the chemistry experiments. If we would have had more time we would have done more, but as it was we only got to set up crystals! :) (Bottom left picture).

The kids also love going to the greenbelt in our neighborhood so of course Uncle Jeff and Aunt Tiff had to take them. We of course had to play another game of Princesses and Pirates this time with Uncle Jeff in attendance (he was at home learning how to make peanut brittle while we were at the park). Jeff and the high altitude weren't getting along so well, but I think the pirates still won. :) After a little attitude adjustment and a talking too we did get to swing and play pooh sticks at the creek. Overall it was great fun and we love spending time with the kids! Oh and we can't forget the chemistry experiments. If we would have had more time we would have done more, but as it was we only got to set up crystals! :) (Bottom left picture).


No comments:
Post a Comment