Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Funny/cute Nate stories

We always have funny Nate stories, but here are two more recent stories.

A couple of weeks ago on our way home from "Daddy's Game" it was late...translation: it was way after bed times. Nicole was hungry, Nate was tired, and both needed a bath. Well, when we left the ballfield Nate had a meltdown because we couldn't stay. We got in the car and he is still kicking and screaming and then Nicole starts crying (the poor girl was just hungry). Nate in the middle of screaming about Daddy's game start yelling at Coley and shaking his fist at her. He starts yelling, "NO crying Coley, I crying! Coley, you NO crying, I crying." Jeff and I were in the front seat trying not to die laughing...OK, I was laughing, but Nate couldn't see me. Jeff was the one trying to hold it together.

Recently, whenever I told Nate that I loved him, he started saying "both families love me." I took this to mean that both Mommy and Daddy loved him. He has also started listing everyone who loves him (Daddy, Mommy, Coley) and everyone he loves (Daddy, Mommy, Coley, Lisa, doggies, Bork, etc.) So yesterday, as I was putting him in the car at the grocery store, I told him I loved him, and he again said "both families love me." I finally asked him if he meant that both Daddy and Mommy loved him. He looked at me and said, "No. Mommy love me, Daddy love me, Kathryn love me, Matt love me." (Kathryn and Matt Stafford). I just about died laughing. Several months ago (before Nicole was born) we were talking to Nate about families and how our family included Mommy, Daddy, the new baby, and him. We then talked about how Lisa's family had Lisa, Kathryn, Matt, Sam, and Toby (dog). So all this time we thought he was saying that both Mommy and Daddy loved him, when really he thinks everyone loves him and he has two families...what's even worse is that we have been agreeing with him and perpetuating this idea!

I love that kid!! He cracks me up at least several times every day.

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

There is SO much that I love about both stories!! And Nate's a smart boy - we really DO love him!!