Sunday, July 3, 2011

Lastest project.

So for my b'day my wonderful in-laws sent me some $. :) I have been wanting to do a couple of different projects around the house and I thought this was a great use for the $. My first project tackled was this little stool I found on Ana White's blog. My dad bought us a jig saw and a new drill while he was here in March so that made it a little easier however I need to make a couple more before I would feel comfortable trying anything else on Ana's blog (but I really want to make these.)

Anyway I tried to take pictures through the process so here they are...

Making a mess of the tool box


All the cut wood.


Marking the sides of the stool.


The cut out side (before sanding)


The finish product (before painting)


The finished product!


I am happy with the way it turned out although I wanted a little more "used" look however since I am having problems with the sander I decided to call it good. Now Nate can reach the sink to wash his own hands and hopefully when we start potty training he can use it to climb up to our toilets...we will see.

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

Super Super Cute!! You guys did a great job!!

Jeffrey and Tiffany said...

You guys??? It was just me. :) I was able to get the whole thing built during a nap time. :) Next...adirondack chairs.