Last week at church Nate's teacher wasn't there when we got to church so I took him down to my class so I could get my kids going on their craft. I had then planned to take him down to his class however he was really enjoying hangin' with the Kindergartners. He even decided he wanted to sing with them so I figured after our singing time (we get all the kids 2-5 together in one room to sing) I would take him to the 1-yrs old class (he doesn't graduate to the 2's class till Sept.) Jen (who teaches the 2 yr old class) asked if he wanted to join them so when I took him down I decided to see how he would do in the 2's class. He was hesitant at first but as soon as she started to tell the story he was hooked. I was able to quickly and quietly leave and he never knew the difference. After the Sunday school hour Jeff peaked in to see how Nate was doing and of course he was having a blast playing with his buddy Josiah. Jen asked Jeff who he was observing and when Jeff told her she mentioned that Nate did great and he even answered the questions about the story! After church when we picked him up he was so excited about his craft (although not sure how much of the craft he did since he asked us if he could eat it...) He even asked to carry his craft to his car. I wish I had a picture of him walking out of church with his craft because I don't think I have ever seen him be so careful with something (definitely not his sister). He didn't want to drop it. When we got into the car we asked about the story and he told us, "Man had owie head, owie foot, and other owie foot. Jesus made him better." We have been talking about the story all week and I am so excited that he is enjoying Sunday school and learning about our Awesome Savior! Thank you Jen for taking the time to teach my little man!
No comments:
Post a Comment