Saturday, July 23, 2011

Scissors and games

I remembered at one of our MOPs meeting on of the ladies mentioned that it was good for kids to learn how to use scissors before they go to Kindergarten. I know Nate has a few years, but since school supplies are on sale right now I bought him some dull scissors to try out. He loved them and just cut fringes around the paper, but when he did cut a little piece off he was so excited and had to give it to me. :) Jeff and I showed him how to cut out hearts, circles, and squares but he was content to just cut the fringes. :) We also showed him how he could combine coloring and cutting. I figure we now have something else to do when we need to "channel his energy" because we are stuck inside (when it is 100+ degrees outside!)



Last Sunday I asked Jeff if he thought Nate was old enough to start playing some games. Jeff mentioned that he thought "Sorry" might be good because it is fairly simple and he could work on his counting as well as number recognition. So I broke out the game and he did alright at the beginning, but I think we decided he is too young to play games...at least too young to play "Sorry".

Nate wanted to play with all the colors and he moved both directions around the board. He did really well with pulling the cards. :)


I think in the end Nate would have won. He had two pieces in "home" but after about 35 minutes we started throwing pieces instead of playing the game. I guess we will try again in a couple of months.

No comments: