We didn't plan a day to go see Crazy Horse but since we were driving right by it we ended up stopping. We initially stopped to get out and take pictures, however, Nate said he couldn't see it the 4 of us decided to go on into the museum. It was interesting, but Jeff and I have determined that if we want to learn anything on our vacations we need to go sans children. I feel like a have a lot more questions and more history to learn after having gone on this trip. (Thankfully, my wonderful in-laws gave me $ for my b'day so I got a Kindle...now I just need to download some books and I can learn all about Crazy Horse and Custer). Here are some of our pictures although if you haven't been to see it you really need to go!
| From a distance |
| Trying to get a picture of us girls...someone was over it after being in the car for 6+ hours. |
| And the fit... |
| The boys did better with their picture. |
| Trying to figure out if we wanted to pay the $20 to get in. |
| Look at that...a gift from a group in Newport News, VA. :) |
| Very cool model of what it is going to look like. |
| Cool tent to check out. |
| They had these painted buffalo all over. |
| Looking at Crazy Horse from the viewing area. |
| His face is complete but that is about it. |
| Again...what it is supposed to look like in another 100+ years. It's taking a while most probably due to the progress relying solely on private funding. |
| We got to watch a dance that the kids loved! That was the only thing they let us sit and watch/learn about. |
No comments:
Post a Comment