Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Busy weekend

I have been meaning to post this but for some reason I just haven't done it. This past weekend Jeff and I were able to help some friends move. It was about time that we helped Jeremy move instead of him helping us (he helped Jeff move into our apt before we were married and then he helped us move into our current place.) Jeremy and Anastasia just purchased their first house (and boy is it cute!) so after getting a few things fixed (like refinishing their gorgeous hardwood floors) it was time to move in. Unfortunately I didn't get a lot of pictures...it seems like most of the pictures are from the humorous moments of the day (well, humorous for Anastasia and I!) Jeremy was very strict as to what I could help with (if I even looked at a box I got a lecture) and so he put me in charge of the felting. We needed to put felt on the bottom of furniture so it wouldn't scratch the newly finished floors, so that became my job. The two humorous moments of the day included the guys trying to get the queen size box springs up the very narrow 1930's staircase (they never did get it upstairs...just need 1/2 inch more space) and them trying to get the couch in the den (which used to be a garage so the doorways was even smaller than normal.) With the couch they were able to get half of it in and then it got jammed. They were eventually able to get it in the den but meanwhile Anastasia and I got to watch the show. Neither one of us thought they would actually get it in the room but the guys proved us wrong.

Congrats you two on your new house!!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

The Barnes said...

Very cute house, I am glad they did not make you work to hard:)