Praises:
1. Jeff got back safely from Eastern yesterday after his interview, and he thinks things went well. He liked a lot of the people that he met and seemed to like the University. (On of the guys actually had him saying that if he had to do undergrad over again he would become an astronomer!) He said it was so different to have them pray before everything, before his talks, before lunch, and before his meeting with the search committee :) but that it was neat to be able to openly pray. (I then told him how weird I found it that at ND they didn't pray before every class, one of the few schools that I attended where that wasn't the norm!) There are pro's and con's to the University but we will wait and see what happens.
2. Jeff heard back from the Secretary at ND and his thesis has been approved!!! (Which leads me to a prayer request...)
THANKS for all of your prayers on both of these matters!!!
Prayer Requests:
1. Jeff has a phone interview with Viterbo (WI) today and has more documents due for his application to Regis (Denver)
2. Jeff defense date: Well as it turns out one of his committee members is going to be gone from Feb 8-22 therefore his defense date would either have to be next week!!!! or after the 23rd of Feb. Neither one of us feels comfortable with him trying to turn around and defense his Ph.D. thesis in a week so the leaves sometime after the 23rd. One problem with that...I will be 38 weeks along the week of the 22nd and we are getting really close to my due date! I told Jeff that we are just going to have to pray that Thumper either decides to come early (like at 37 weeks...which is full term) or later than 39 weeks. Hopefully they will be able to schedule his defense soon so we can pray more specifically but if you could please start praying that regardless of when he defense that God would provide a way for Jeff to be here when Thumper decides to enter the world. Call me selfish but I would really like for him to be here (and he really wants to be here).
When Jeff actually gets the defense date I will make sure to update you.
Thank you all for your prayers!!!
2 comments:
We will keep praying for you guys, especially about the arrival of little Thumper at just the right time! God already has it all worked out! I hope you're feeling good! Soak up all the rest and relaxation you can in the next few weeks:)
I'm so happy to hear that Jeff's thesis got approved! Finally! I will definitely keep you all in my prayers!
Post a Comment