Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Irony---I love this town

I don't know about you, but I found this highly ironic! Last week they canceled our Child Birth class because they had forcasted snow (see previous post) and we didn't even get flurries. Well yesterday while I was out walking, I was walking amidst some flurries, however nothing was really sticking to the ground. Since it was our last class they couldn't cancel again, but this is what we woke up to!!! I was so excited!!! While I was in the laudry room, I was talking to one of the other tenants and she mentioned that her son's school was already canceled...mind you it was 7 a.m. and there was only about 1 cm of snow on the ground!! Well it gets better!!! Many of you know how I haven't been totally thrilled with our lack of snow here in Chestertown, but this takes the cake! Jeff normally would have a long day on Tuesday's because he has an evening meeting with his students, well, he just got home!!! Washington College has an early closing today and a late opening for tomorrow (the late opening is after his class so he doesn't have to teach!) He was worried about getting everything done for his interviews and lectures this week, but since he now doesn't have to teach tomorrow and is home early tonight he can get everything done!! Needless to say, I am EXCITED that the town closes down for maybe one inch of snow!


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

The Barnes said...

That is too crazy but good for Jeff and you. Hopefully you will get some of this system snow that is headed to the East? Praying for you!

eyedoc2004 said...

Be careful out there guys. That looks really bad. Maybe its time to start thinking about an all-wheel drive vehicle?