Saturday, January 17, 2009

Disappointing Loss in more ways than One

Last Wednesday Jeff and I loaded up the car and headed to DC to meet some of Jeff's friends for the big SU-Georgetown game. We were able to meet Craig, Jeremy, JD, and Emily for dinner and then we took the Metro into DC for the game. The game was at the Verizon Center which was quite large for a college game (at least that is what I thought.) Since we didn't get tickets until the Sunday before the game our tickets were very high up (like second to last row), but surprisingly we had a great view of the game. I am not sure if Thumper enjoyed the game, but he sure seemed to be cheering...my ribs are still recovering. Not sure if it was the noise or the fact that it was his first SU game, but for the entire game he made sure that I never sat back and got comfortable! I tried to get some cool pictures, but what you see is what you get. As you can see from the first picture I was trying to use the cool feature on our camera to bring out only the orange...one problem was that the floor obviously was slightly orange. :( I still like the picture :)
Oh and I brought my own basketball to the game...under my SU basketball shirt! As you can see the guys were really into the game.
As part of the halftime entertainment, Jeremy decided to unveil his choice for best man at his upcoming wedding. It was a tough decision for him, it was between Craig and me. Whenever faced with a difficult decision, it has always been our tradition to leave it up to a game of chance. For instance, in college when we tried to decide who would get the bigger room in our suite, we drew cards...highest card gets the biggest room. This has also been a traditional way for me to lose. I drew the lowest card of the lowest suit that day for the room and this day was no better. Jeremy flipped a coin to make the decision that we all seemed to know the outcome of anyway. The fact that the coin landed "tails" was only a formality in anointing Craig best man; I have never had "games of chance" on my side. The coin flip turned out to be the most exciting time of our trip to the game, as the Cuse got only as close as 8 points in the 2nd half. Those Hoyas just shot too well. Its alright, you can't win 'em all. I have a feeling that the Cuse will rebound in the next game against Notre Dame, something along the lines of 93-74. It was great to see the guys again and a fun time was had by all in spite of the outcome of the game and the coin flip. At least there may be an opportunity for me to take on some of the best man responsibilities, after all, Craig isn't exactly known for his punctuality or organization.
Align Center
Posted by Picasa

No comments: