To celebrate the closing of one year and to welcome in the coming of the next, Jeff and I decided to go tour Annapolis, MD and the Naval Academy. We had a blast and LOVED the city. If you have never been to Annapolis I would strongly recommend it. It is a cute little city that is so full of history and quaint little shops. We had planned on eating a picnic lunch however the wind was so strong that it would have been a real challenge...something Jeff was excited about because that gave him another opportunity to eat seafood. (When we got home we laid out a blanket in our living room and had our picnic lunch in the comfort of our apt and out of the wind.) We found one building that they named after Jeffrey and another that was named after my cousin's family and Michelle (the Hammond-Harwood House).
Along with our tour of Annapolis we had to stop in at the Naval Academy. That place is incredible! I really wish we could have gone on a tour or had a better map, but since it was New Year's Eve the visitors center was closed. The other problem was that by the afternoon the wind was getting so bad that we were kind of freezing to death. We did get a break from the wind when we went into the chapel. The Chapel was beautiful and I would have loved to take pictures, but I had been told by a friend that pictures weren't allowed (and just because we were the only people on the campus at the time I was sure that someone would find us if we dared to take a picture.) I also loved the fact that they had a nativity in front of the chapel. You hear in the news so much junk about federal buildings and the Ten Commandments or Nativities that I thought it was cool that on a Federal Navy base they were proudly displaying a nativity. All I can say if you ever get a chance to come to DC or Baltimore you should try and take a day trip to visit Annapolis and the Naval Academy!

No comments:
Post a Comment