I have to make this quick 'cause they are killing our power to hopefully fix our power issues but here is a quick update.
Jeff's thesis: One committee member still hasn't read it (Yes, the deadline was DECEMBER 19th) and he is writing grants so will not even look at it until after Sunday.
Jeff's Defense: Earliest it could be, if the committee member read and approved the thesis on Monday, would be the week of Feb 2nd (end of the week).
Tiffany traveling: Likelihood of me coming to SB with Jeff is growing slimmer by the day (I would be almost 36 wks if they were able to schedule it for the first week in Feb) Don't get me wrong I really really want to come back to SB but I really really don't want to deliver along the way or while I am there (I like my doc and this small town hospital and the fact that I would close to home when Thumper makes his appearance.)
Tiffany's thesis: Still in the works but advisor is working on grants so he won't have time to look at anything I send him.
Jeff's job: Was not offered the position at Washington College (largely due to the lack of Ph.D behind his name) but currently applying for other tenure track positions.
Prayer Requests:
1. Jeff has an on-site interview at Eastern University (Christian College outside Philly) next Thursday, January 29th
2. Jeff has a phone interview with Viterbo next Friday, January 30th (Viterbo is in La Crosse WI, very close to Pastryk's)
3. Jeff's thesis and that he can get it defended before these schools start offering out jobs (it is kind of critical for him to get the defense done and out of the way.)
4. Jeff's stress level. He has a lot on his plate right now between the defense, applying for jobs, teaching, and the impeding fatherhood that has him going constantly and a little bit stressed.
5. Please pray that schools might be understand when trying to schedule Jeff's interviews. I would really prefer my husband to be around when Thumper decides to make an appearance.
6. Jeff's safety if he has to travel back to SB without me. He seems to think some of the people at Grace may string him up by his toes in the cold if he comes alone.
Thank you all for your prayers and support. We need it.
4 comments:
We are praying for all three of you. We miss you very much and will be very sad if Tiff does not make the trip but maybe an even better reason to come after the baby is born?:)!
I guess I'll be forgiving this time if you can't make the trip. Though that would be twice that Jeff was here without you! :) Please tell Jeff that if he needs a place to stay, our guest room is always free.
We will be praying for you guys as well. Especially for #2 on the list :) An unscientific pole of optometrists, with a sample size of 2, thinks there should be more Carney scientists in La Crosse.
We will be praying for you! And we'll miss not seeing you before the baby is born. I can't believe how close you're getting! So exciting:)
Post a Comment