is W5...each of their names starts with "W" so Francis has resorted to just calling them W1-W5 instead of by their names...but I think her name was Whitney (Francis correct me if I am wrong.) I did blow it big time while we were there because I could have asked his sister for all kinds of good stories about Francis as a kid but I dint' think about it until after we left! Next time...there is always next time. :) We went to an Italian restaurant for lunch that was absolutely delicious and got to see some of the sights around the area. Thank you Francis for paying for lunch!! We owe you one. It was fun to see him again and reminisce about the good old days in the lab. (Although he was trying to convince me to change the pump seals on the FPLC when we come back into town for Jeff's defense! Don't worry I assured him I would NOT do it :) He was also bragging he is the only one to see me pregnant...that should change when we go back for Jeff's defense but I guess for right now we will let him have his bragging rights.
Monday, January 5, 2009
Fun Trip to Philly
Well, we really didn't go to Philly but we went to Collegeville, PA which is just outside Philly (someday we will make it to Philly.) One of my fellow grad students at ND, Francis, was just outside of Philly visiting his sister for the holiday's and since we are only about 2 hrs away Jeff and I decided to drive up and hang out for the afternoon. We had a blast. We got to meet Francis' sister and kids (we had already met his brother-in-law) and Francis was able to fill us in on all of the ND news that he knew. All I have to say is that his nieces and nephews were too cute. I guess we were a little intimidating because they didn't really talk to us and Francis implied that they are usually much more talkative. I only got one picture of the one of his nieces (I was too busy talking to take pictures) but as you can see she is a cutie! She
is W5...each of their names starts with "W" so Francis has resorted to just calling them W1-W5 instead of by their names...but I think her name was Whitney (Francis correct me if I am wrong.) I did blow it big time while we were there because I could have asked his sister for all kinds of good stories about Francis as a kid but I dint' think about it until after we left! Next time...there is always next time. :) We went to an Italian restaurant for lunch that was absolutely delicious and got to see some of the sights around the area. Thank you Francis for paying for lunch!! We owe you one. It was fun to see him again and reminisce about the good old days in the lab. (Although he was trying to convince me to change the pump seals on the FPLC when we come back into town for Jeff's defense! Don't worry I assured him I would NOT do it :) He was also bragging he is the only one to see me pregnant...that should change when we go back for Jeff's defense but I guess for right now we will let him have his bragging rights.
is W5...each of their names starts with "W" so Francis has resorted to just calling them W1-W5 instead of by their names...but I think her name was Whitney (Francis correct me if I am wrong.) I did blow it big time while we were there because I could have asked his sister for all kinds of good stories about Francis as a kid but I dint' think about it until after we left! Next time...there is always next time. :) We went to an Italian restaurant for lunch that was absolutely delicious and got to see some of the sights around the area. Thank you Francis for paying for lunch!! We owe you one. It was fun to see him again and reminisce about the good old days in the lab. (Although he was trying to convince me to change the pump seals on the FPLC when we come back into town for Jeff's defense! Don't worry I assured him I would NOT do it :) He was also bragging he is the only one to see me pregnant...that should change when we go back for Jeff's defense but I guess for right now we will let him have his bragging rights.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment