Thursday, January 15, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY OLD MAN!!!!

Today is the day that my older brother has reached the ripe old age of 40!!! Can you believe it??? I can't!!! It seems like he has been around my whole life :)

My brother was always someone that I looked up to as a kid and rightly so. I do actually owe him my life...on several occasions he saved me! Once he saved me from my mother's wrath after I got into her makeup (what 2 year old doesn't think red lipstick would look great on white carpet??) I think it was twice that he saved me from drowning in our swimming pool (why I couldn't go swimming alone in my Sunday best before church when I was 2 or 3 years old still doesn't make sense to me.) And those are just the stories I've heard about before I turned 4 (who knows how many more my parents forgot to tell me.) I used to say that everything that is wrong with me I could blame on my brother. My fear of unusual noises...he used to hide under our bed and make noises until my sister would check it out...then he would grab her leg. I'm still dealing with that one!! He used to use my sister and I to practice his karate...and because I thought he could do no wrong I was more than happy to oblige...that is until it really started to hurt. And his specialty was using my pig-tails as motorcycle handles! All in all, I knew I could count on him. He was always my line of defense with the neighborhood bully (of course since he was 11.5 yrs older than me all he had to do was come outside and any kid picking on me would leave me alone.) I remember when he joined the Marines and how proud I was to have a brother willing to sacrifice for his county. So for all of the memories/traumas you have added to my life...THANK YOU!!

And today on your 40th birthday we wish you the best and 40 more years to traumatize me (and Kara)!!!

Here are some pictures of my brother through the ages...unfortunately I don't have too many of him on this computer :(
Posted by Picasa

No comments: