Monday, March 2, 2009

I know you all aren't impressed but...

WE ARE GETTING SNOW!!!! On Friday I was talking to one of Jeff's co-workers about how crazy it was that it was Feb 27th and it was already 60 degrees. I was really wondering if our winter was over :( Well, I spoke too soon...and thankfully so! When we got up on Sunday morning we had about 1 cm of snow on the ground. Well last night it started snowing and with a minor break during the night it has snowed ever since :) I LOVE IT!!! I just wish that Jeff was here to enjoy it with me (and so we could have a snowball fight!) I think I might try and make a snowman on our porch this afternoon and if I wasn't 39 wks pregnant I would walk to Jeff's co-workers house and see if her kids could come play with me in the snow.

I did find it humorous that even though we only have about 3" right now (they are predicting 6-10" for our area throughout the day) the whole town is shut down. Although they shut down for about 2 cm so I guess I shouldn't be surprise. I was watching the news (Baltimore and DC) this morning to see what they were saying and they did a whole segment on how to drive in snow...I got a good laugh...but it did make me wonder about calling someone if I did go into labor. I think as scared of snow as people are here it would be safer for me to walk to the hospital if I was in labor (it is only about 2 blocks.) I also found it interesting that basically all of Baltimore and DC are shut down. Plus all of the Universities are closed! ND never closed for anything, let alone a little snow!

BWI is of course experiencing cancellations/delays so as long as Jeff can make it home tomorrow it will all be alright :)
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

P said...

I woke up and saw the weather reports from the east coast and all I could think was "At least it's not here (like usual)" However, it was 5 degrees this morning, boo.

Could you send me your address? :)