Let me sum it up for you...
Monday: Jeff successfully defends his Ph.D. thesis
Tuesday: Jeff becomes a father
Wednesday: Jeff receives a job offer!!
Isn't God good!! All three of these things I had been praying about and I know that most of you have as well. I didn't realize that God would answer them all in the same week (Three consecutive days)!!!
I have posted about the first two but I want to fill you in on Wednesday's happening. Jeff actually didn't get the phone call until Thursday but he had a message from Christopher Newport's (Newport News, VA) provost from Wednesday afternoon. He talked to them on Thursday and they offered him the job. Jeff asked if he could take til next Friday to decide, so please pray that God gives us clear direction and peace about accepting the job if that is where he wants us. This position is a tenure-track position which would be nice because we wouldn't have to look for another job next fall/spring, but it also kind of locks you into a school, at least till you get tenure. Jeff wasn't as excited about the school as he was some of others, but he did say that after talking to the provost he was getting a little more excited about it. I am hoping that maybe this week (since he will be home) we can talk and pray about the decision as well as possibly go back down for a visit.
Thank you all so much for all of your prayers! It amazes me how much God has been working in our lives this year and when I look back over these past months in Chestertown I can see him orchestrating everything (despite my sometimes bad attitude, utter dislike for Chestertown, anger at having to leave friends, disappointment in myself...the list goes on) God is so amazing and I am so thankful that I get to spend an eternity praising Him!! (I am also glad that most of you reading this post will be right there singing off key with me...well, I will be off key.) :)
Thank you!
(Note: We did NOT buy a lottery ticket but I am sure we wouldn't have won because it was not something I had been praying about. :) However maybe I should start praying for Jeff's ESPN Streak for the Cash :)
5 comments:
That is too awesome! Yep, God definitely has everything worked out, doesn't He?
I'll keep you all in my prayers. :)
Praise the Lord!
I will be the friend that is singing off key with you. Oh! What a day! We continue to pray for God's wisdom and guidance for your family of three!
I plan on singing like an angel once I get to Heaven. Hey, God can still perform miricles in Heaven!
Amazing and perfect timing!
Post a Comment