Sunday, March 1, 2009

On his way

Well Jeff is on his way to the Bend...actually he should be there in about 1/2 hour! His big day is coming, tomorrow at 9 a.m., when he will be defending his PhD research!! I can't believe it is finally here...and I can't wait until it is over! It is going to be a huge relief (for both of us but him more than me, I am sure) to have this done and out of the way. If you think of Jeff tonight or tomorrow please pray for him. He was scrambling to get stuff together yesterday and I know that he has a lot to do to "finish" his thesis. (Some corrections, papers to fill out, any corrections his committee might have, prep for the talk, prep for the defense, finish filling out his notebooks, etc. Just to name a few.) He is worried about having enough time to do it all, so I made him make a list just so he wouldn't forget anything (I love lists!) I know he is going to be awesome tomorrow morning but I also know that he is nervous and worried that he is going to forget stuff (with his memory I think it is highly unlikely but I also know that nerves go with the territory.)

Meanwhile Thumper and I are taking it easy. The doc told me that while Jeff is gone I am to sit on the coach and watch basketball. I didn't figure it was worth telling the doc that even when Jeff is home and watching bball that I generally am sitting next to him reading. :) So for the next two days Thumper and I plan on watching chic flicks (since Jeff isn't here to complain), read one of my favorite novels, pray for Jeff, and drink homemade hot cocoa (it's only homemade because I ran out of the instant stuff and have been "forbidden" to walk to the grocery store...and we have all of the ingredients so I might as well.) As long as Thumper decides to wait till after his dad's defense and subsequent return to be born, we will both be doing well, hanging out together.

I will keep you all posted as to how everything goes tomorrow but please keep Jeff in your prayers!

2 comments:

Annette said...

I will definitely be at the defense in the morning! Jeff will do great - of course - and I'll be praying that he gets everything done in time.

Meanwhile, I am glad to hear that you've been confined to your couch. Enjoy watching the chick flicks (do you have a good selection?) and relax. I know, easier said than done, but think about Thumper. Can't wait to see him - even if it means I do a last minute road trip out there later this month! Are your parents coming out any time soon?

Jeffrey and Tiffany said...

I couldn't go anywhere today if I wanted to...too much snow, you know about 3"! Well yesterday I watch a combo of Maid in Manhattan, Legally Blond, and While You Were Sleeping (they were all on TV...at the same time!) Today I think I might watch Pride and Prejudice...but I am also planning on re-reading on of my novels.

My only worry is that I was supposed to walk to the apt office and deliver our rent check (it is only about 0.5 miles away) but I am hoping that the office is closed and I can drive over and drop it off tomorrow. They are usually pretty lax about it so I am hoping it won't be a problem to be a day late.