Thursday, March 26, 2009

Sharing firsts

You know how parents write down and remember the first time their kids do something. You know like the first tooth, step, words, etc. Well this past weekend Nathaniel went several places for the first time. The amazing thing to me is that he got to share these first with my parents!! So despite the fact that Nate wasn't even 3 weeks old and my parents are in their 60's they all got to go to VA and DC for the first time, together!!

We went to Alexandria VA to meet Jeremy and so Jeff could make sure his tux will fit at Jeremy's wedding this weekend. After grabbing some lunch and walking around Alexandria for a little bit we headed to DC for a driving tour. I can't believe my parents have never been to the nations capital! I haven't really driven through the mall area for a while so it was fun to drive through with them and point out all of the cool sights. I think my mom took a picture of just about ever building (significant or otherwise) so she would be able to remember her first trip to DC. I didn't actually get any pictures because I was manning the map and telling Mom what each of the building she was photographing was.

My parents also went to DE for the first time. We drove through DE on our way home from the Philly airport (and had to stop at the Walmart) but we also went to Dover on Monday to get Nate's photo's done. Nate had gone to DE with Jeff and I (we had to go get some stuff from Walmart) so he wasn't able to share this first but he hadn't been to Dover yet so that was a first. Since we were in the state capital it seemed wrong to not go by the capital building (again I don't have pictures but Mom does!)

So Nathaniel's first time in VA, DC, and Dover were all shared first with his grandparents! Crazy isn't it! Too bad grandma and grandpa aren't going to Jeremy's wedding with us or they could also share Nate's first trip to New York City and to CT.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: